We will reach our full potential with the help of God
Our Vision and Values
St Andrew's is a Church of England Voluntary Aided First School. Christian principles underpin the life and ethos of the school.
The school aims to:
- Provide solid foundations in literacy and numeracy with a broad and balanced curriculum
- Offer challenges appropriate to the age and ability of the child, which develop lively, enquiring and imaginative minds with the ability to question and reason rationally.
- Create an effective and enjoyable learning environment.
- Develop the religious and moral values of the Christian faith.
- Encourage self-discipline and self-respect.
- Encourage children to care for others and respect their beliefs.
- To liaise with home, playgroups, nurseries, preschools and other schools to ensure a smooth transition for the child as the face new challenges.
We will REACH our full potential with the help of God
Our REACH Values:
We will care for each other, for our school and for the environment.
The Bible says, “My commandment is this: Love one another just as I love you”. (John 15:12)
We aim for the best in our behaviour, in our teaching and learning and with all our talents.
The Bible says, “Whatever we do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for men”. (Colossians 3:23)
We accept people’s differences and welcome everyone’s ideas and contributions.
The Bible says,” The body is a unit, though it is made of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body”. (1 Corinthians 12:12)
We will try our best and be confident to have a go, and remember that we learn through new experiences and challenges.
The Bible says, “Be determined and confident. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for I, the Lord your God, am with you wherever you go”. (Joshua 1:9)
We come to school to enjoy learning and being with others.
The Bible says,” I have come in order that you may have life - life in all its fullness”. (John 10:10)